You may be surprised to learn that you should schedule your senior photo session WHILE you are still a junior…. that’s right… BEFORE you finish your junior year. Here are several points to consider when scheduling a senior session.
Top Reasons to Schedule Your Senior Photos While You Are Still a Junior
- Limited availability – Specialized photographers accept a limited number of sessions per month. Most photographers book several months in advance. You won’t want to wait until summer because you might not be able to get an appointment on the photographer’s calendar. Advance scheduling means there will be a spot reserved just for you!
- Unpredictable – We totally get summer sports & summer jobs. We know you have a limited time to practice, make money & hang with friends. We also know there are extra practices added sometimes, call-ins at work & family vacations. The earlier you schedule your senior session, the more likely there will be an opportunity to reschedule if something comes up.
- Planning – Emily Karr Photography specializes in custom artwork featuring you. Sometimes sessions take more time than others to plan the perfect location. We want your session to be the best experience ever & encourage you to schedule your senior session as early as possible. Planning in advance also gives you time to get your hair cut & styled, a manicure & plan the perfect outfits. Speaking of outfits… sports jerseys… if you play sports, be sure to ask your coach for access to your jersey. Some seniors have been frustrated by the inability to obtain a jersey during the summer months.
- The Weather – this may seem like a lame reason, but we live in Western New York… rain & wind tend be reasons to reschedule your session. We encourage you to schedule early, again, so there are opportunities to reschedule. Weather is also a factor for those who would like winter sports images such as skiing, snowboarding & snowmobiling. We can offer you a winter session, but once the snow has melted, the opportunity has passed.
- Yearbook Deadlines – Yearbook deadlines approach rapidly once you’re back in school. All of our images are hand retouched to ensure you look your very best. We do require enough leeway to get images retouched & into the yearbook advisor.
- Pricing – Many photographers offer discounted pricing if you book your session early. Emily Karr Photography offers BOGO Senior Sessions. Book your session & bring a friend for free. (Feel free to charge your friend for 50% of your session fee.) Many photographers also offer booking specials & bonus products for booking early.
Are you ready to get the ball rolling & book your senior session? Click the HERE to learn more & book your session.