You may be surprised to learn that you should schedule your baby’s newborn photos WHILE you are still pregnant…. that’s right… BEFORE you have your baby. Here are several points to consider when scheduling a newborn session.
Top 5 Reasons to Schedule Your Newborn Session While You Are Pregnant
- Limited availability – Specialized photographers accept a limited number of newborns per month. Most book several months in advance. You won’t want to wait until after your baby is born to schedule your newborn photo session because you might not be able to get an appointment on the photographer’s calendar. Advance scheduling means there will be a spot reserved just for you!
- Unpredictable – Newborns often arrive on their own schedule… Unless you have a c-section planned, your baby could arrive 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after your due date. That is a window of an entire month! Experienced newborn photographers are aware of this & schedule clients accordingly.
- Baby’s Age – Most newborn photographers prefer to capture newborn photos before your baby is ten days old. Newborns under 10 days old still enjoy being curled up in womb-like poses & this is the stage you’re going to want to remember. If an extended hospital stay is required, don’t worry, we’ll still get beautiful images for you!
- Planning – Emily Karr Photography specializes in custom artwork featuring your family. Sometimes sessions take more time than others to plan, obtain props, etc. We want your session to be the best experience ever & encourage you to schedule your newborn session as early as possible & while you are still pregnant.
- Maternity Session – many newborn photographers also offer maternity sessions. Celebrate the miracle of pregnancy with a maternity session! At Emily Karr Photography, we create a belly cast during your maternity session. This is a very unique & personal prop. We will pose your baby in it during your newborn session. There’s truly no prop like it!
Do you want to learn more about a Newborn Photo Session with Emily Karr Photography? Are you ready to book your own buffalo newborn photo session? Please complete this contact form & we’ll be in touch soon!